Last Updated: Aug 19, 2020 @ 8:39 am
The Analytics features of PocketPlatform allow you to quickly see how users are engaging with your app, right in MinistryPlatform! The full capabilities of MP are available to you as well, from charting to reports, so you can see user engagement, on your terms, without logging into other systems or relying on third-party toolsets.
How Analytics works:
The PocketPlatform Analytics track screen views and other selected actions (such as event registrations) so when your users interact with your app, you’ll be able to identify where your users spend most of their time.
Reviewing analytics data in MinistryPlatform
Each analytics record in MinistryPlatform is broken up into two main sections, each of which has several columns of information
Core Analytics Information:
- Analytics GUID: A unique identifier that ensures that this analytics event is unique.
- Device ID: The device identifier for the user’s phone or tablet.
- User: The UserID for the event. This value may be empty if no one was logged into the app at the time of the event
- Event Type: A text field that indicates what the user did in the app; e.g. “Screen Load” and “Event Registration”
- Previous Screen: A text field that indicates what screen the user came from to get to the current screen; not always tracked
- Screen Name: A text field that indicates what the user did in the app; e.g. “Screen Load” and “Event Registration”
- Analytics Data: Raw analytics information for the event; primarily used for reference and troubleshooting
- Timestamp: Date and time of the event
- Platform: The device type the user was on at the time of the event, iOS or Android
- Screen Size: The physical dimensions of the device
- OS Version: The operating system version
- Language: UN standard two letter code indicating the user’s language.
When available or necessary, we also keep track of specific items in MinistryPlatform that have been loaded.