Updating Your Program Record with “OLG Fund” and “OLG Sub Fund”
In order to achieve seamless transition from your PocketPlatform app to OnlineGiving.org, the “OLG Fund” and “OLG Sub Fund” fields of the Program record must be filled out.
The values for “Giving OLG Fund” and “OLG Sub Fund” come from OnlineGiving.org (OLG).
- Start by going to your OLG website:https://[YOUR-CHURCH].onlinegiving.org/donate/guest_donate?#!/
- You are prompted to select a campus. This is tantamount to selecting the Fund you are giving to:
- Once you’ve selected a Campus, the OLG website will prompt you to select a Gift Fund.
- When you’ve selected the Gift Fund, it will return you to the main screen with the Fund and Sub Fund now displayed.
- For this example, we’ve selected Nashville + General Giving. The Church Administrator could go into OLG’s Control Panel and generate a CSV of all their funds. If we open that file, we would see a Fund called Nashville with Unique Code = “Nashville”.
(Note that when this list is pulled, it includes all funds in OLG, not just the ones selected to be visible at present.)
- Then, the administrator can download a CSV of Nashville. We’d look for General Giving and see that the Unique Code = “Nashville General Giving”.
(Note that when this list is pulled, it includes all sub-funds in OLG, not just the ones selected to be visible at present.)
- Now we have the two “Unique Code” values for the Fund and Sub Fund. Go to MinistryPlatform, find your Program (for this example, it’s Nashville General Giving), and enter those Unique Code values into the “OLG Fund” and “OLG Sub Fund” fields.
For more information on how to generate the CSV files or perform any other action in the OnlineGiving admin panel, please contact OLG firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any issues or questions, please feel free to reach out to our HelpDesk!