Adding Notes to a Sermon
Did you know that your users can take sermon notes – right in the PocketPlatform app? Using the powerful Custom Forms available from MinistryPlatform you have a simple and effective way to help your users remember the important parts of a sermon or other message.
In order to complete this task, you should have
- A basic understanding of Custom Forms in Ministry Platform
- A completed PocketPlatform Sermon
Assigning a Form to a Sermon
Creating a new form
- In the MinistryPlatform Nouns, select “Custom Forms”
- Click “Forms”
- Click the button for “New”
- Create the form as you would any other form – you may use the form designer, or create fields manually
You may use basic HTML in the Alternate Field Label box when creating your fields. Any HTML that you use that is not supported will be stripped by PocketPlatform.
It is recommended that you use terms relevant to the sermon you are attaching it to.
For example, if your Sermon Series is called “Church Matters,” the Sermon is called “The Purpose of the Church” and the Sermon date is 21 July 2019, you could use something similar to one of the following as the Form Name:
- Church Matters: The Purpose of the Church
- Notes: The Purpose of the Church
- Sermon Notes for 21 July 2019
- Notes 21/07/2019
Ultimately, though, the decision is yours and what works best for your organization.
Linking the Sermon Notes to the Sermon
Now that you have created a new Custom Form for your Sermon Notes, it’s time to assign that form to the Sermon so it will appear on your app!
- In the MinistryPlatform Nouns, click “PocketPlatform”
- Select “Sermons”
- Click the Sermon Record to which you would like to attach this form
- Click “Edit”
- Use the dropdown menu to select the form you would like to use
- Click Save