Adding a Sermon Speaker
PocketPlatform makes it easy to identify which pastor or guest speaker gave which message with a callout under each sermon graphic and on each sermon item on the Sermon Series detail screens. Read on to see how you can add a new Sermon Speaker to use when creating your Sermons.
Creating a new Sermon Speaker
Creating a new record
- First, open the PocketPlatform folder in the MinistryPlatform Nouns
- Next, click “Sermon Speakers”
- Finally, create a new record.
The following fields are available when creating a new sermon series. Names in red are required.
- Contact – The Contact record you would like to use
- Display Name – The speaker’s name
- Bio – A short biography of the speaker
Be sure to save your new speaker after you have filled out all fields!
Adding a Sermon Speaker Image
Once you have saved your new Speaker, you can easily add an image. This image will be used throughout the PocketPlatform application when the Sermon Speaker is referenced.
- If the Speaker you want to add an image to is not already open, open it by opening the PocketPlatform folder in the MinistryPlatform Nouns, selecting “Sermon Speakers” and clicking the name of the Speaker you would like to use.
- Once the record is open, click the button “Attach a file”
- Select an image file from your computer to use for the sermon series using the MinistryPlatform dialog that appears.
PocketPlatform has been designed to be compatible with a wide range of image dimensions, however for best results please use an image with the following dimensions:
- 800 X 800
- 72 dpi
Sermon Speaker images work best when they are a square image with the subject centered and a decent amount of gutter between the subject and the outside of the image. Do not create a circular graphic, as PocketPlatform will automatically crop the image to a circle when needed.